Friday, April 19, 2013

JENNA

This is going to be a looooong blog post. I already know. And while Ive already started typing. Erased. And started typing again. Im just going to go ahead and start typing without thinking. Let me say this first. A pregnant woman is a powerful force ladies and gentlemen. If you have been a long time fan of my work you may recognize her. Jenna. She was my first ever birth photography client. Her labor was early and we didn't even make it to our consultation. So her birth is when we met each other for the first time! Jenna and I have become friends over the past year and a half. Great ones Id like to think! I adore this girl. She is going through SO much. Taking on a roll of a single momma right after she became pregnant with her second son. CAN YOU IMAGINE? Not me. She's one tough cookie. When she first emailed me I think about 3 months ago, she told me the style of shoot she was going for. I was VERY hesitant, I have never ever done anything like this. And Not even sure I will again unless its someone I feel COMPLETELY comfortable with. We actually even wavered back and forth for a long time. I would send her referrals to other photographers even! But nope. Jenna just emailed back and said "No. They dont have the same eye as you" HUGE compliment. yes. But I was still nervous. I think some of it was what would my other clients think. But Ive done a lot of thinking myself and I am my own conscience. Its what I feel comfortable with and Jenna and I pretty much laughed and chatted the WHOLE time. In the end looking at these photos I am SO glad I did it. Not only for a new challenge for me in my work. But for her. This was liberating for her I think. I am honored to have captured these for her along with little mans birth I will be photographing in a few weeks. Thank you Jenna! Thank you for believing in me girl and talking me into it!











No comments:

Post a Comment